Thursday, July 21, 2005

THE OTHER HALF CHECKING IN...

Hi everyone!

Seems as though I should contribute a bit more, so here goes... Actually, I'll try and contribute a bit more in the future, but at the moment you just get the results of a few minutes of boredom while I was waiting for Amanda to get home this evening after I finished the crossword in the Sun. The Sun is a really trashy paper, but the crosswords are easy enough that I can almost do them, which I like, so I scrounged up a copy of it in the tea room this afternoon. The thing that really gets me, though, is that I still don't think like an Englishman and some of the clues required google to work out: skittles - rustic pub game for tailors (ninepins!), Innkeeper (I was thinking concierge, turned out to be 'publican', yeesh), and 'stinging painfully' (smarting, I think I was just being slow...). Anyway, I digress; getting back on topic, the other thing that I was doing to kill time was setting up an RSS feed for this site. Turns out there's this site called 'feedburner' that you type the url of a blogger blog into and, well, it just works. Seems like I should be suspicious that it just seemed to work. In any case, if you're like me and can't be bothered to look at a webpage to see if anything new is there you can now add the following to your aggregator:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/LifeWithoutAGoggleBox

At least until it stops 'just working' that is...


2 Comments:

At 2:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps from me too...Ray, what's a "feedburner" !! Talk layman/woman English, son :)
Ma

 
At 6:22 pm, Blogger Kim said...

I was just thinking the same thing! He he, when Ray writes messages and starts in on computery talk, I completely lose track! But it's great to hear from ya Ray, even though I don't know what you're talking 'bout!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home