Thursday, February 09, 2006

VINO!

We just got home from a wine tasting at Darwin College tonight, and it was a fun and informative event. I've been to quite a few wine tastings, and we spent our honeymoon in the Napa Valley (California), so the concept wasn't new to me; however, the format of tonight's event was more formal that I have been used to.

The evening's events started out with all attendees seated at tables with score cards - of various wine characteristics such as appearance, flavour, acidity, and tannins - in front of each place setting. We worked our way through several flights of wine and tried to figure out from which region each originated, how old they might be and which fruits (if any) were represented in the notes. I have to admit that while I was trying hard to learn, the careful order and time taken to work through each wine made the event a little more formal than I would consider ideal. I normally prefer the unsophisticated approach of grabbing a full glass of whatever and thinking, "Yup, tastes like wine to me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home