ABSENCE
Once upon a time I dreamed that when Ray and I settled into Cambridge life we could start looking for a furry critter to share our lives with. It is much easier to bring animals from the UK to Canada than to make the opposite journey, so we had tentatively thought that we could adopt someone over here, and bring them back to Canada with us in three years. And there are so many sad little kitties in the newspaper that I can barely stop myself from phoning up the shelter and saying "I'll take them all! Especially the old ones whose families don't love them anymore."
But as you can tell from the infrequency of my blogging (and the difficulty in reaching us by phone, if you've tried to call), we're simply not home enough right now to make a pet feel welcome. Heck, we don't have any houseplants yet either but I fear that if we did they would be pining away for lack of attention.
So for now, I don't have to worry about the logistics of transporting a kitty in the basket of my bike. For now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home