HIGHWAY ROBBERY
Quick, what can you buy for $85? A reasonably snazzy outfit? A dinner for two? A spayed kitten from the SPCA?
In Cambridge, $85 (translation: 33 pounds Sterling) buys you a haircut.
My hair had finally driven me to the brink of insanity this week, so I called around town and after realizing that all places charge roughly the same obscene amount, gritted my teeth and booked an appointment. I did enjoy the actual experience - the stylist was very friendly, although not as gossipy as a Canadian stylist (I've never been in such a silent salon) - and I must admit my hair does look a lot better. But I have to question whether it looks 85-bucks-worth better.
Dropping that amount of money on a haircut feels even more like a flash in the pan at the moment because the air is very humid (oncoming summer storm) and my fancy new hairdo has fallen completely flat.
Still, it's not so flat that I can understand how RAY FAILED TO NOTICE MY HAIRCUT TODAY AT LUNCH. He is toast.

1 Comments:
Hmm... perhaps he didn't so much fail to notice, as is so often struck by your beauty, that he thinks he says 'you look nice' often enough without the 'duty' occassions following a haircut, etc. Still, it does look really nice so the turd coulda said something. Trouble is, he can't now, 'cause it'll seem like he's trying to dig his way out of the hole! Just one opinion, of course ;-)
p.s. Want to go out on a date this weekend?
Post a Comment
<< Home