Monday, June 20, 2005

LOVELY EVENING

Tonight I was just sitting down to work on all my backlog of blog entries when the air was filled with rapid banging noises and Ray hollering from upstairs. No, he hadn't hurt himself, it was simply the start of Trinity College's May Ball fireworks, and Ray LOVES fireworks. As it is/was a beautiful summer evening, the two of us leaned out our bedroom window and watched the display over the rooftops. Nice.

Towards the end of the fireworks, a middle-aged couple walked by on the street below. They were walking their cat, on a harness and leash. The cat actually seemed okay with the idea - this was the first cat I'd seen that didn't respond to a leash with a volley of clawed swipes and a lot of hissing and spitting - which was a good thing, because he was pretty roly-poly and certainly looked like he needed that walk.

Moral of tonight's story? Take the time to look out your windows on these summer nights; you never know what you'll see! (And no, I've still not finished the other entries.)

1 Comments:

At 4:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda Jane!
I too I'm enjoying a warm June evening. The first one we've had for many, many days and it hit 27 degrees. I am thinking of family and the road where I grew up-a rural area where the road was very much like this one but here I have no extended family to visit, no cousins to chum around with, no grandparents two doors down to visit and enjoy a cup of tea with and no great aunt to go see down the end of the road especially when her rabbits have new babies for us to cuddle. My brothers and sister, Tracey and I were very fortunate to have so much family living on the same country road. I'm looking forward to my sister moving in to the property next door. She is finalizing the deal on friday and will fix up the house and move down from Ucluelet some time next year. The property has sat empty for over a year and the creaturs that have made their home in the now four foot grass and over grown bush will have to move to the back of the property for privacy. The resident deer are now feeling too comfortable and uncle Derrick has found them early in the morning chowing down in my sort of flower garden!! Our guard dog is obviously doing a pretty lousy job. I'm looking forward to seeing your mum and dad next saturday to celebrate grandma's 70th birthday. I think it is a surprize - cross your fingers!! Keep that husband of yours-especially that he cooks and cleans-rent him out by the hour for extra cash!! Even more cash if you can get him to wear a sexy maids outfit!!you know what those british women are like! Glad your well and happy over there - we are well and happy over here! Love you, amanda jane!!Talk to you soon, auntie marnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home