Monday, December 05, 2005

BORE, BORED, BORING

You know, it's awfully boring being sick.

I am home from work today because I still didn't get much sleep last night and could barely speak when I crawled out of bed this morning. Poor Megan; I don't think she could understand much of what I was squawking when I called her to let her know that I wouldn't need a ride into work. At least the end appears to be in sight (literally!); I can fully open my eyes today.

What does one do when one is sick and home alone, and doesn't even have the guilty pleasure of TV and Oprah to turn to? Reading and surfing the net can only take up so much of my day. Ditto for napping. I have so much to do to prepare for the holidays, but not the energy or health to get it done. Today was not the day to cycle home from the store with a Christmas tree balanced across my handlebars.

Sigh. Yesterday I was whining about being sick, today I'm whining about being sick AND being bored. Apparently being ill makes me grumpy (poor Ray!).

I appreciate the notes of support from those that have either experienced the terror of the British Cold firsthand or heard of it from afar. It makes me feel vindicated and much less of a whiney wimp! Thanks also for the suggestions of the hot rum toddy as a cold remedy...I have considered it myself on more than one occassion! Perhaps this is why Brits haven't bothered to come up with effective "medicated" cold relief?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home