EXODUS
Complete madness in town yesterday. The undergrads are leaving - Hallelujah - but that means for the moment Cambridge is extra-crowded with tourists, students, and their anxious parents. I saw more people with cameras yesterday than in the entire period of January through March.
Now that classes are over for the summer, Ray and I can consider ourselves official residents. We are not leaving for the summer. We are Authentic! While I am hopeful that the sudden loss of about 10,000 residents will make the city less crowded for the next three months, something tells me that the increasing tourist volume will more than make up the difference...

1 Comments:
Hi Amanda,
just wanted to say "Hi - I'm reading your Blog and am enjoying it" :-)
I don't know if you remember me - I was an exchange student from Germany 96/97 in Gibsons. I was in the same math/calculus class as you (Mr. Brooks...).
So if you and Ray ever feel like stopping by in Germany (now that it's not so far any more...) you are more than welcome!
Take care, Claudia
P.S. What do the washing-machines in the UK look like? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home