MORE ON THE WEEKEND
Did I mention that I had so much tea this past weekend that I can almost feel it coming out of my pores? We're talking 5+ cups a day, for two-and-a-half days. I didn't know that my body could hold that much liquid (then again, I don't recall drinking much water over the same interval). Now, I love tea as much as the next person, but I'm a bit worried that I my body is giving off essence of Yorkshire Tea, and that with my brown hair I'm just one step away from being a skinny, walking teabag.
We also ate a lot. By God, we ate. I still haven't recovered my appetite because my system is still so full of food that it doesn't know which way to turn. And Auntie Iris was so worried that we are wasting away in Cambridge that she and Uncle Jos sent us home with a huge bag each of potatoes and beets (grown in the garden of and generously supplied by neighbour farmer Fred), a bushel of carrots straight from their garden, four large blocks of cheese, 28 rashers of bacon, and a new cookbook and pressure cooker to allow us to make the most of this bounty.
I think I'll go waddle over to the fridge now, and munch on a carrot stick or two.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home