Friday, February 17, 2006

DOES THIS SEEM WRONG TO ANYONE ELSE?

First, an update on the homesickness issue - I'm feeling much better today. It always passes, although it doesn't mean that I miss the West Coast any less.

But now onto much more amusing topics - the scene at lunch today, in a pub in downtown Cambridge. Ray and I were seated across from a family, or what appeared to be a family (two middle-aged blonde parents, with a late-teen blonde daughter and a pre-teen blonde son). Sounds normal, right?

Everything was going fine - i.e., we were all minding our own business, dining with our respective social groups - when I was distracted by a wet smacking sound. The sound was coming from the daughter and son, who were embracing passionately and kissing. I'm not exaggerating about the passionate part - they were MAKING OUT and the parents, seated across from them, did not seem the least bit phased.

I could understand if they were closer in age (and not siblings). But there was no way that the boy was above 10, and the girl was 16+. The crazy behaviour continued throughout the meal; eating interspersed with mad kissing and the odd nipple-pinch/breast rustle. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. And if you think it's inappropriate for me to be relating this tale, then just think how inappropriate it was for this behaviour to occur in the first place.

We left the pub, and the slobbering kids, behind...and I can't say that the intervening hours have allowed me to make any more sense of this behaviour. Can anyone lend some insight?

2 Comments:

At 4:19 pm, Blogger Kim said...

That's bizarre. I don't really know what else to say about it. I'm still a little confused myself, and I wasn't even there.

 
At 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps they weren't siblings.
Joan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home