OUTNUMBERED
We've just about caught our breath from the adventures/travels/visitors of the last six weeks (photos to come!) and so decided it was an appropriate time to add a bit more excitement to our lives. May I introduce Kappa:

Kappa (he came with the name) is a 9-year-old white/tabby cat, and he's decided he'd like to make a home with us. We've wanted to include a furry critter - Ray insists he doesn't count - in our lives for quite some time, and this weekend we took the plunge.
We brought him home from the shelter yesterday and he's spent the first 30 or so hours exploring every inch of our home, demanding to be allowed to drink out of the toilets, turning up his nose at the salmon-flavoured treats we bought him (apparently chicken is more to his liking), and charming the heck out of Ray and I. He's very cuddly and spends a lot of time sleeping on the couches, the stairs (a good perch to watch us cooking dinner!), and on Ray's chest and lap. He's already getting adept at squeezing in front of Ray's laptop for a cuddle.
We needn't have worried that he wouldn't settle in last night - I made the mistake of getting to bed about two minutes after he and Ray did, and arrived in our room to find Ray on his side of the bed, and the cat on mine. Kappa certainly didn't mind sharing the space with me, but he certainly wasn't going to go out of his way to make room. I think the majority of the night passed with Ray and I each sleeping half out of our respective sides of the bed, with Kappa happily stretched out between us.
So now it's two men to one woman in this household - the first time I've been outnumbered! Still, it's not such a bad position to be in: outnumbered because I have a wonderful husband and a special cat.

2 Comments:
Hooray! Welcome to the family, Kappa!
I told Pumpkin (my kitty) that she has a new cousin and that she shouldn't make fun of him just because he has a British accent. She didn't seem to care too much (about her new cousin, or the accent? I couldn't tell) but she is a cat, after all.
Kim
Kappa is so cute!
I hope he will enjoy living with you two over there!
That is very nice of you finding him from shelter and making his life happy. Very sweet!
Post a Comment
<< Home