THESE COBBLES AIN'T MADE FOR WALKIN'
I am getting to be a regular client of our local cobbler, thanks in part to the cobbles and paving stones that abound in Cambridge. Who knew that they were so much harder on shoes than ordinary (read: North American-style) sidewalks? Or is it just that I walk so much more here than I did back in Canada that is causing my shoes to constantly wear down?
This week I had new heels put on two pairs of summer sandals; one pair was being cobbled for the second time and the other, while only its first trip to the cobbler, was worn right through the rubber/plastic/hard stuff portion of the heel to the wood base. Yikes. I've also had two sets of heels put on my leather boots (the uppers are still nearly flawless after two winters - good boots!) and I suspect that my black dress sandals will require a visit with the shoe doctor soon. At least the shoe guys are friendly so I don't mind keeping them in business!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home