TRUE CAMBRIDGE-IAN
We've just returned from a lovely dinner out at a friend's house and although it is nigh time for bed I must brag about a major accomplishment this evening: I successfully cycled in a skirt and heels. I did not fall over, I did not lose a shoe, I did not get my skirt wound up in my wheels, and I most certainly did not expose myself to passing motorists. (This last has been my most pressing excuse for not previously cycling in skirts). While the breeze did provide some challenges, I think I fared well overall; all I had to do was remember to cycle at a more ladylike pace and give a couple of extra hops when mounting and dismounting from Myrtle.
We are currently camera-less, but once we have a return to the digital world I will make sure Ray takes a photo of me in action. Two years ago I never would have believed tonight's event possible; perhaps two years after we've left Cambridge I won't believe that I ever did it. Photographic evidence will be necessary!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home