COWGIRL UP
Well, after my whiney post of last Thursday, I sheepishly return to the blogosphere to announce that the very next day the weather did a 180-degree turn and we've been basking in heat and blue skies ever since. I've not been on the computer because I've not wanted to waste a minute of the nice weather by being inside - Ray and I have only really been indoors to sleep, prepare food and work. I'd almost forgotten how idyllic it is to stroll along the river on a warm summer's evening, watching other people doing the same, or how tasty food can be if eaten under the trees with your wonderful husband.
Despite the weather's turn for the better, I have to admit that my cousin Brandi's comment galvanized me for whatever weather was to come. The gist of her comment was that since I couldn't do anything about the weather I should deal with it - in horsey terms, "cowgirl up" - and think in a more positive way. It's good advice at any age and I'm really trying to take it to heart.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home