Thursday, June 01, 2006

JUNE...OR MAYBE NOVEMBER??!!

Happy 1st of June! Summer is upon us, the fields and forests are abounding with baby critters, and warm, gentle breezes waft through our sunny days. Except - scratch the part about warm, gentle, and sunny; maybe even the summer. It's bloody freezing cold here in England, and I'm longingly looking at weather reports from Canada, a country supposedly full of igloos and polar bears.

I wore a thick top and a scarf(!) to work today and still was uncomfortably cold; silly me, I hadn't worn a thick jacket. The latest news on the weather is that England just experienced the wettest May in 27 years. This is not good. I have cute summer clothes, and even cuter sandals, to wear! Vitamin D that needs to be produced to stock up for the long winter months ahead.

At least the bad weather is saving me money. The urge to buy more flirty clothes has completely left me...I'm now holding out until parka season.

3 Comments:

At 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Amanda Jane!!! What a sense of pride and accomplishment you must be feeling. I don't think it's the fanfare or the pats on the back that make you realize the size of this encredible milestone but the feeling of I did it-it's done-now what else is there to challenge? Right now I and uncle derrick are questioning the journey to one of these milestones and wondering why we started the journey? I know that it will take a huge amount of patience and perhaps alcohol! to get us to the end of this rather bumpy road. I look forward to reaching this milestone so then I can begin the journey to a new one!! You have many journeys ahead and as someone?? once said, it's not the journeys' end but the journey that counts, Amanda Jane!!!!!!Love ya, auntie marnie

 
At 1:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, bad weather can't destroy a happy day! The only thing that makes it unhappy is the additude toward it. I normally have good days! Normally. The only thing I have to worry about is me. (I'm still in school, so apparently, I don't count. It's funny, when you think about it. And I have just been informed that it's grandma and Grandpa's anniversary so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!!!!
I don't think they heard me. Which is kinda funny. When is yours and Rays??? I wanna know cause I don't remember. I feel really old now, goggleboxing. I've only done it once before and that was to one of yours again. You won't get this untill the morning so... Good Morning. HAHAHAHA, well I gotta get ready for school
Bye Amanda Jane. Hope I don't give you any family, home sickness, although I think you have already adpated cause you've been there for like, 4 years. LOL
Bye Love you lots
-Brandi

 
At 2:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O and by the by, when your having a really bad day, write what happened on a peice of paper and rip it to shreds. Tha't what I did and I felt WWWAAAAAAYYYYY better!!!
LOL
- Love Brandi
Love u lots

 

Post a Comment

<< Home