HEAT WAVE!
While Ray, Kappa and I agree on most items of concern in the Family Grout, a clear line has been drawn between the sexes regarding our attitudes towards the recent arrival of higher daily temperatures.
Me (standing in for Team Female): I LOVE the warm weather - I wouldn't even be upset if it got hotter. Right now we're reaching high 20s or low 30s and it is lovely. I just want to spend all of my time outside in the sun, soaking the heat right into the very marrow of my bones. I need to stock up for the arrival of colder weather in a couple of months! The only request I could have at this point would be to be near the ocean so that I could go for a quick refreshing swim after work.
Ray and Kappa (Team Male): most disgruntled. Kappa has been wandering disconsolantly about the house meowing at Ray and I to please make it cooler. Bummer to have fur in this heat! Ray has been doing much the same, although he's handling it much better than last year. The addition of sandals - and finally agreeing to wear them WITHOUT SOCKS - has likely contributed to his increased comfort.
In any case, it's supposed to cool off a bit in the next few days, hopefully to a temperature that all three Grouts find comfortable...

3 Comments:
Congratulations Ray! I'm so proud of you! You finally lost the socks when sporting sandals. Good man.
Love Kim
Sigh... yeah, I give in... much cooler! I am going through an awful lot of Febreze though :-S
Definitely team male here.
Robin
Post a Comment
<< Home