LIFE AT 100 MPH...
...is what I often find myself thinking would be a more appropriate title for this blog. Our life here in Cambridge is so busy and jam-packed with activities that I rarely have time to blog these days. Which is good, mostly - because it means that Ray and I aren't sitting at home by ourselves. We are out exploring the English countryside, visiting with friends, and strolling around the city. But the lack of blogging time has made me feel like I am further away from my friends and family back "home", and I don't like to feel quite so distant.
I think that up until this point I had looked at this blog as a means for people to stay in touch with me; what I (and Ray) have been up to, my thoughts on the experience of moving to a foreign country, any insights that I might be gaining along the way. However over the last few months as I've had less and less time to write I've felt that the lack of blogging has meant that that I am less in touch with everyone else. It's so much more a two-way communication tool than I had originally envisioned.
It means an awful lot to me to know that you, dear family and friends, are out there all over the world and sharing in my and Ray's lives. Thank-you for sticking with this blog even though the new posts have been far and few in between. I miss you all, and am going to make a much more concerted effort to get back into the habit of posting regularly. Because you see, when life is moving by this quickly and is so adventure-packed, it absolutely must be shared!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home