1 ½ FORTNIGHTS SINCE OUR ARRIVAL
When I was a little girl of about 7 or 8 years old I was introduced to the Anne of Green Gables series (now there’s a classical piece of Canadiana for you). I recall being confused when Anne (with an “e”) went somewhere or other for a “fortnight” – what the heck was a fortnight? I forget when I finally discovered that “fortnight” was derived from “fourteen nights”, but folks over here tend to use this term and I am glad that I eventually figured it out. Getting slowly around to my point, it has been 21 days since we stepped off the plane in London (making it 1 ½ fortnights) and it feels like much longer (in a good way). The days are flying by so quickly that I’m sure at the end of three years we’ll be wondering where the time went.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home