Tuesday, October 12, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

It’s my dad’s birthday today and I wish we could be home to celebrate with him and the rest of the family, but I suppose that will have to wait until Christmas. Boy will we do a lot of celebrating then! Dad, when you read this, know that we are thinking of you and hoping that you are having a fabulous time in Las Vegas right now.

It was pretty drizzly here today; sort of like being inside a cloud but not actually foggy. It wasn’t raining but you got wet when you went outside. I suspect this is stereotypical British weather, but not to worry – Vancouver has us well-prepared for the climate. I’m actually surprised at how few people here have discovered the fabulous fabric Gortex, given the amount of rain they get. My trusty Eddie Bauer jacket (with hood!) was just the thing for today.

After dinner we went back to the college, which just happens to be the headquarters of the Cambridge Canadian Club. They were throwing a Thanksgiving party complete with pumpkin pie and, of course, lots of alcohol. It was really nice to meet more people still, including our upstairs next-door neighbours Brodie and Melissa – from Canada (Ontario). We also managed to get ourselves invited to two parties on Friday night, so are double-booked but it’s a nice feeling. My big social goal for the weekend is to get past the “Where are you from, what are you studying?” depth of conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home