THE BIG SOMETHING-0
Another birthday that we are not home for, this time Alan's big day. I won't say exactly HOW BIG of a day, but it's a major one. So HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS to you, Alan (a.k.a. "Pop").
A little more on Alan, for those of you who aren't familiar with this great guy. Other than being Ray's dad (which makes him pretty cool in my books), he's funny, intelligent and really caring. I know that if there's ever a problem that I need to go to him with, he'll give me a carefully thought-out, insightful answer. We enjoy comparing our impressions of various novels and suggesting new ones to read. When I'm feeling down, he'll harass me until I get out of my funk and remember that after all, life is pretty darn good.
Alan started out as a wee troublemaker boy - according to reports from brother Clive - and in the intervening year or two (or twenty, or fourty...) he has worked in various interesting careers (engineer, social worker, fisherman, potter), married a terrific gal and raised a fantastic son. I know that his friendship is valued by many people and that the artistic gift he shares through the pottery he and Joan make is admired and appreciated by the thousands of people who buy their art. And, of course, he continues to be an adventurer with his hobbies in astronomy, computers and boating.
Here's to you, Alan! We'll drink to your honour today!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home