Friday, April 08, 2005

APRIL SNOW

I can't believe I'm writing this, but it SNOWED here today. Don't the weather gods realize that it is April?? I mean, if I wanted the white stuff at this time of year I'd have moved to Edmonton like my sister did.

Woke up this morning to dark and stormy skies, but still didn't believe the forecasts for snow. That is, until I was cycling through town on my way to run some errands and began to be pelted in the face by copious amounts slush. Truly bad luck as today was the day that I was on my way to have my photo taken for the department's personnel board. Now everyone important (read: those well-known academics whose books I've read cover to cover) who happens to glance at my photo will think that I always look a woolly beast who's been taken out of the dryer about 15 minutes too early. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Throughout the day we experienced authentic snow, slush, hail and a major dose of Northerly wind thrown in for good measure. What was it that I was posting a week or two ago, about Spring having made her arrival in Cambridge? Perhaps it's time to hold that thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home