Thursday, March 31, 2005

THIS IS NO APRIL FOOLS' JOKE

I know I was just away for a few days, but today's entry has to do with the fact that I won't post for another few days again...this time because WE ARE MOVING!!!

In a seven-day period, I - a girl who has no problem at all admitting she is addicted to routine and normalacy - have quit my job at Gap, taken a trip to a country that speaks a language other than English, will move into a new home, and start a new job. I've already mentioned the new job, so now it's time to talk about the digs. (Okay, I know I'm being coy. Many of you are probably sick of hearing all about our new place already).

But - we are moving into a Victorian terrace house a 5 minutes' cycle from the heart of downtown Cambridge. Note the word HOUSE: yes, we have two floors, two bedrooms, two loos, and our first backyard. I feel so very grown-up! While the structure itself is old, and still retains the original window frames, we are very fortunate in that the house was gutted and remodelled less than a year ago (up to code! the landlord proudly stated) and comes complete with all modern conveniences including a SHOWER. I am giddy at the thought of being able to wash myself in under 15 minutes. Pictures (of the house, not me in the shower) are soon to follow.

In any case, I'll be offline for a couple of days while we switch over the internet etc.; when I'm back it'll be with adventures and photos as par for the course. And, in case I've forgotten to send you an email with our new co-ordinates, please drop me a line at amanda_grout@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home