Saturday, March 26, 2005

OFF TO PARIS!

We spent today procrastinating about packing and are finally getting our butts organized...because tomorrow morning we leave for Paris! It's funny how packing, even for a trip we're anticipating with great excitement, can be such a chore (not as much as unpacking, though). I have a hard enough time deciding what to wear THAT DAY when I get up in the morning; having to pick out sufficient outfits for four days, all at the same time, causes my head to hurt. It certainly doesn't help that for the last several months I've been relegated to wearing nothing but Gap clothes five days a week and therefore have almost entirely lost my ability to put together outfits using clothes from different shops - although arguably I've never possessed this talent so what the heck am I complaining about?

Here's a funny story. Funny, because it happened TONIGHT, and not tomorrow morning: we had no idea that European daylight savings starts at 1am Sunday, and thankfully the folks on the radio happened to mention that little fact (in the context of nightclubs complaining that they will have to close an hour sooner tonight). In case you hadn't realized by now, WE ARE LEAVING FOR PARIS IN THE MORNING. On the 7:30 train, NOT the 8:30 train. We can chuckle now, but I can imagine it would have been an entirely different scenario had we arrived tomorrow morning at the station all excited, only to realize we had missed our train. I never thought I'd say it, but Thank God For The Folks At Radio One. I now - almost - forgive them for playing Chemical Brothers 18 times a day.

By the time you read this, we are probably at the "Having a wonderful time! Wish you were here!" stage of our trip - so don't pine too much for me, and I'll be back in a few days with one heck of an entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home