Monday, April 25, 2005

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999

I'm hungover, but not in the traditional sense. You see, we hosted not one but TWO parties this past weekend, and I overindulged...in food.

Saturday night saw us hosting an after-dinner event where I, with my horror of sending guests home underfed, covered our table with offerings of crips, crackers, homemade salsa, guacamole and hot artichoke dip, brushetta, brownies...you get the picture. Add an assortment of goodies supplied by guests and the prerequisite pop and alcoholic beverages, and you can imagine how it might be easy to chow down on too much rich stuff. And since I've yet to meet a snackeral that I'm not happy to devour, overinduldge I did.

One night of such gluttony wouldn't have been so bad. Trouble is, a second group of friends came over for a dinner party on Sunday (they had thought that the party was on Sunday evening instead of Saturday, so Ray and I thought, "heck, let's do it all again!") and again we feasted on all kinds of treats including hot, homemade bread, cakes and perhaps the best store-bought cookies I've ever tasted. Did I mention that restraint, when it comes to the good things in life, is not my middle name?

So here I sit, feeling a wee bit on the bloated and greasy side of things, craving salad and fresh fruit. Apples and strawberries, beware!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home