Wednesday, June 29, 2005

THUNDER THIGHS

Most days I am very lucky to get driven to Madingley (the village where I work) by Megan. However, Megan does occassionally resort to crazy measures like taking a day off, and then I am left to my own transport devices. If the weather is really poor I wimp out and take a cab but seeing as it's June and I cannot truthfully claim the weather to be anything approaching "really poor", I grit my teeth and cycle. This is where the facefull of bugs I've talked about in previous blog entries comes in.

All this cycling has a good/bummer side effect: I am developing larger muscles (at least, as much muscles as a midget like myself can lay claim to), particularly on the front of my thighs. While I cannot rationally say that some muscle development is a bad thing, it does mean that my beloved jeans are getting perhaps a teeny, weeny bit too tight in that area. I know that I am not gaining weight - although, to tell the truth, I don't own a scale so anything is possible - because my jeans still fit, or are even slightly loose, around my waist. It's just these darn upper legs.

While my jeans have some stretch in them (thank-you Gap) and I can still get them on, I have to admit that I am more than a little concerned about them being too tight - there it is, another sign of old age approaching - and me achieving the same look as the girls I usually make fun of...minus the blantant mis-use of orange, of course. Guess what, Ray: I smell a shopping trip for replacement jeans coming on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home