MORE BIOLOGY IN ACTION
'Tis the season to be making the house all cozy and ready for the oncoming winter. The days are crisp and the air is tinged with the smell of the first wood (maybe coal in England?) fires. The nights are getting longer and we are definitely spending more time indoors than out...so it makes sense to me to make indoors as welcoming and comfortable as possible.
This Autumnal ritual is so important to me that, looking back, I think the lack of being able "nest" last year affected my entire winter. Our student flat was never cozy; we couldn't put anything up on the walls and it wasn't worth investing in decorating a place with stained brown carpet and old, mismatched furniture. So, we suffered through the long nights in a house that felt cold (both in temperature and ambience) and never truly became home.
Now that we have a lovely place I can't wait to fill it with beautiful things. Too bad I have to always keep in mind that these beautiful things will someday need to be shipped back to Canada! I've already accumulated enough blankets and throws to cover almost every surface in the house, should I chose to go completely crazy and do so, and I'm thinking a trip to Ikea to pick up mass quantities of candles and other goodies is in order.
Poor Ray!
PS. Kate - no photos of the hair...just picture is as the same as always, but shorter (about an inch above my shoulders). Extremely utilitarian, not so stylish. Blah.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home