Friday, November 18, 2005

SMALL VICTORIES

Life is really a pleasing succession of small victories, isn't it? One just has to be open to noticing the little triumphs in the confusion that is a typical day in the life of a working, actively-living adult.

Today's victory was my discovery of a rotten egg at work before it got to the rotten stage. If you've ever smelled a rotten egg then the magnitude of this discovery will not be lost on you. I was transferring eggs from an incubator to a hatcher, and noticed one that was suspiciously cracked - not cracked enough to be counted as broken, but enough to prevent a chick from developing and certainly enough to develop stinkiness in the warm, humid environment of the incubator. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I won't be opening the hatcher on Monday morning and be confronted by a stinky egg (not a good omen for the rest of the week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home