HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY, MOM!
I'm writing this two days late because I wasn't able to use the computer on my mom's actual birthday...but Mom, I was thinking of you on the 11th, and always.
Sometimes I sit down in front of my computer and don't know what to write. Occassionally it's because I am devoid of ideas, and other times it's because I find it very difficult to express some feelings and thoughts adequately with the written word. My feelings about my mom fall into the latter category.
What I want to say, but know that I cannot express strongly or clearly enough, is that my mom is an amazing person and her presence in my life is incredibly dear to me. She is someone I can count on to lend a supportive ear, to offer help and suggestions for working through just about any situation, and to give me a good swift kick in the seat of my pants when I need it the most. There were times when, as a teenager, I didn't see eye-to-eye with her, but as I grew older I came to realize and appreciate what a strong and principled person she is. It must have been so difficult to walk the thin line between laying down the law as a parent and being my friend...and given the strength of our relationship today I'd have to say she (and my dad) got the balance just right. Thank-you, Mom, and happy birthday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home