Friday, November 04, 2005

BRRRRRRRR

I'm just about to get all dressed up to attend a formal hall and Winter has finally gotten serious about putting in an appearance. Figures that the night I need to walk to the other side of town in 3" heels, bare legs and a cocktail dress is the first night of a cold snap.

I have a long woollen coat but it is longer than my dress and I worry that the heels, bare legs and nothing but jacket visible make me look like a flasher. A flasher walking on the arm of her handsome and handsomely-attired husband, but a flasher nonetheless. Doesn't help that I have pasty white legs at this time of the year so on a dark night they really stand out as I walk down the street.

I could wimp out and wear a pair of trousers and a nice top, or I could be brave like British lassies and sacrifice comfort for looks. The women around here are really stoic about wearing small amounts of fabric in a less-than-ideal climate and I'm hoping their bravery will leave me inspired when I take my first step outside my warm house tonight. I'll have to report back tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just impressed that you have a warm house! When I lived in England, houses either didn't have central heating, or if they did, people couldn't actually afford to run it. I am so glad you are warm! - - Bev B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home