UH OH
Am getting my annual Autumn Cold, and hoping that it high-tails it outta here soon. I have lots of plans for this weekend! Neighbours over for pumpkin pie and Belgian beer (I know, odd combination but I think it will work), Halloween party at another friend's place, and a ghost walk around Cambridge are all planned. I'd hate to still be ill and have to act all sensible and grown up by staying in and getting some rest.
I always get a cold at this time of year - I guess most people do, actually - and in recent years the cold always reminds me of Circle Craft. Circle Craft is a big Christmas craft fair that Ray's parents have been participating in for many years and I've been lucky to help (or get in the way!) at the shows since I've met Ray. Every year it seems that I have a cold during the show, because I always have to bend down to wrap the pottery and then my nose drips and it's not a pretty sight. Nothing much worse than feeling your nose start to run, having your hands full of breakable pottery, and realizing that you can either a) snuffle REALLY hard - yet discretely (it's possible, trust me) - and hope to make it through the transaction without dripping or having to do an emergency swipe at your nose with the back of your hand (ick), or b) drop the pottery/pass it off to Ray or his parents and charge into the back of the booth in search of the big box of Kleenex that Joan always keeps handy. Obviously Option B is the sensible choice yet I always end up going with Option A. Maybe the cold dulls not only the senses but also common sense? In any case, my cold is a couple of weeks early this year, but the arrival of my sniffles has definitely turned my thoughts towards Circle Craft, Canada, and the upcoming holiday season.
Clearly with the rambling going on in today's blog entry I've entered the reduced brain functioning portion of my cold (this could also explain, at least partially, the weird tangent of yesterday's entry). Yet another reason to hope that this cold is soon on its way!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home