RANDOM THOUGHTS, FOOD- AND PET-RELATED
These are the thoughts that pop into one's mind on a blustery winter night, when not much else is happening on the cerebral front.
I think my obsession with food (mmm....food!) could be linked to my family's history of naming pets. The Zimmerman household has been home to many critters over the years, and as I look back I recall that the majority of them were baptised with food-related names. Butterscotch the bunny. Bagel the cockatiel. Peanut and Sage the canaries. Citrus the budgie. Muffin the cat. Pumpkin the cat (my sister's new cat; not technically a "family" pet, but still in the family). Orea Cookie the pony (belonged to the barn I rode at, again considered in the family).
Perhaps I ought to name any future pets "Swedish Berry" or "Sushi" to reflect this ongoing obsession with all things culinary. I guess that as long as we only name our pets after food, and don't turn them into food, it's really not so bad...
PS. Funny food story to cheer up your Tuesday. Back in my glory days I could eat like, well, a horse. Blessed with the Zimmerman metabolism, I always failed to put on weight even though I ate non-stop, and my dad had me convinced that instead of turning all that food into fat, I was storing it in my hollow leg. "Which leg?", I used to ask him, intrigued. So...for many years, until I became less gullable at the age of, oh, twelve or so, I believed that my left leg had some mysterious cavernous storage space for all that food.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home