Saturday, October 22, 2005

ALL GROWN UP

Tonight we're going out to see a movie I've wanted to see for quite a while, "Crash". It was released earlier in the summer, and I didn't get a chance to see it while it was in Cambridge (very disappointing for me). But luckily a whole lot of other people missed it the first time around too, and due to high demand the independent cinema in town is screening it again (very happy for me).

"Crash" will be the first grown-up film I've been to in months; lately we've been to see "Wallace and Grommit" (the clay-mation movie) and in the not-to-distant-past "Harry Potter" and "Shrek" featured high on our must-see list. Not that I have a problem with kid's movies, but it is a bit embarassing to be standing at the front of the line, elbowing small children out of the way, in the fight to get the best seats. If I'm fighting for seats I'd at least like it to be against someone my own age so that I have a fair shot of winning.

This evening will be such a grown-up event that we're meeting James and Megan for drinks beforehand, in a decidely kid-free bar. The only way we could make the outing more adult-oriented would be if tonight were a school night, instead of Saturday, but you can't have everything. Ah well, I'm looking forward to a great, grown-up film.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 pm, Blogger Kim said...

Did you like Crash? I thought it was a bit of a downer, that's for sure. Makes you keep thinking about it though. However, it's not one that I would watch a second time.
As well, just saw Wallace and Grommit myself - excellent! fun movie, very cute and really, a lot of sexual innuendo in it! maybe because it's british...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home