Wednesday, October 12, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Today is Dad's birthday, a very special day indeed. I always think birthdays are very important, a time to truly celebrate the person to whom the birthday belongs.

My dad has had a pretty tough year, but he has handled it with grace and strength. He has shown a spirit of perseverance that I hope to one day develop in myself. And beyond anything else, he has refused to let feeling poorly take away from who he is - the wonderful, caring, thoughtful Dad I know him to be.

When I was a little girl, Dad used to carry my on his shoulders and take me on (what seemed at the time) long walks, showing me everything in my world and answering my endless questions with equally endless patience. He helped foster in me a love of learning, a strong work ethic, and compassion towards others. He may have even helped develop my sweet tooth by sneaking me treats out in his workshop after Mom said "not before dinner!"

Now that I'm "grown up", Dad still carries me. I know that no matter what I am going through, or how I am feeling, he is there for me. He will listen thoughtfully, give careful answers, and offer help every step of the way. My dad is the sort of man I love to spend time with, and a man I am proud to call my father.

Happy Birthday, Dad.

1 Comments:

At 4:08 pm, Blogger Kim said...

hey! You got treats from Dad's shop? How come I never knew of this? ;) I want treats...yum yum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home