ON WRITING
Once again I find myself spending an evening sitting in front of my computer, working instead of blogging (for the most part). I'm working on a manuscript based on some research I did for my Master's degree and while the preparation of this document has been like pulling teeth I think I'm finally getting somewhere.
At this stage the biggest issues I'm dealing with are persnickety comments from the journal editor on use of punctuation. The corrections are not as straightforward as it might seem because a lot of the requested changes are a matter of personal writing style. The editor and I disagree on the appropriate use of the comma, for instance. But he's the editor, and I'm just the grunt/author, so this time around I must acquiese to higher powers and just change the darn commas, already.
At least no one edits this blog, so I can use or withhold all the commas and punctuation I want...and I've purposely used shoddy grammar in today's post to get all that persnickety editing out of my system!

1 Comments:
It's "acquiesce"
Post a Comment
<< Home