Friday, October 28, 2005

SOCK MONKEY

Cycled into work today, in the pouring, blustering rain. I have snazzy rain gear that protected the majority of my body but my feet got wet. I left the house prepared, however, and arrived at work with not one but TWO spare pairs of socks - one pair to wear around work to slowly get wet as the water from my shoes soaked into them, and another pair to wear on the way home so I could cycle with the comfort of dry feet.

Best part of this plot: when I stumbled out of bed this morning I grabbed the extra socks from my drawer and threw them into my bag without really looking at them (it was, after all, before 8am). When I went to change into my first spare pair at work I was treated to the double suprise of seeing that the spares not plain (read: boring) black as anticipated but rather had monkeys swinging from vines stitched into them AND realizing said awesome socks could not have been purchased by me, so they must belong to my sister.

Kim has great taste in all clothes, including socks, and these babies are no exception. They're pretty warm too, and dealt with the water issue so well that I didn't even need to resort to my second spare pair. I think I love these socks.

The monkey socks must have gotten into my suitcase, completely innocently, when both Kim and I were in Gibsons in September. Joint laundry sessions and socks that look plain when rolled into a ball are to blame for this tale of international sock-spianage. They withered away in my drawer for six weeks, but now that I've found them they are sure to enter into steady sock-rotation. Be forewarned, Kim...you may not get your socks back! I do promise to bring them to Gibsons for Christmas, though, and if you're on the ball you might be able to sneak them out of the laundry before I do...

2 Comments:

At 1:09 am, Blogger Kim said...

Wow! I can't believe you have my socks! That's funny. I don't even miss them, so you should just keep them (especially in light of the troubles you had finding socks out there awhile ago). I have so many pairs that I can't even get through them all before I run out of underwear (did you need to know that? I'm not really sure either). Yup, underwear is my limiting factor for doing laundry.

 
At 5:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warren says... it's my limiting factor too. That and dress shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home