THE SUNDAY EVENING POST
I'm pleased to report that our house didn't get egged last night, although the Big Night is still one sleep away. We will be prepared tomorrow night with our jack-o-lantern and candies (note to Ray, when you read this on Monday morning: pick up a couple of bags of candy!) and hopefully our Halloween will be uneventful.
Speaking of Halloween, we went to an interesting house party last night where I knew exactly five people, including myself and Ray. Still, we had a fun time and most people were dressed up in pretty good costumes. My personal favourite was a woman that I thought I overheard describing herself as a probation officer (although I thought she looked like an awfully S&M version of a probation officer)...turns out she was actually looking for a phone, on which to call her probation officer. Despite her issues with the law, she did seem rather nice, although I am still trying to figure out what her costume was...
Ray and I were party-poopers and didn't dress up (I'll blame the cold I had last week, and my patent lazyness, for this oversight). Have tossed around the idea of dressing up to scare rotten English children out trick-or-treating tomorrow night, but I suspect it'll be the usual routine of cheerily doling out candies and hoping that our pumpkin doesn't get stolen.

1 Comments:
Candy! I'm on it!
Post a Comment
<< Home