Saturday, October 29, 2005

POINTS FOR ENTREPEUNARIALSHIP

We were just finishing dinner tonight when the doorbell rang. As we weren't expecting anyone, and the ringing was followed by some giggling and fleeing figures (we have fogged glass panels in the top of our door), I didn't exactly rush to get up and check who was there. But when the bell was rung again I decided I'd best answer the door - our lights were on so it wasn't like we could pretend we weren't home.

I was greeted by four grinning kids, all under the age of 10, demanding "Trick or Treat!". I told them that a) they were two days early, b) they needed to be wearing costumes, and c) I didn't happen to have any Halloween candy in the house.

These kids were good. They responded a) that they weren't going to be in town in two days, so they wanted to go trick-or-treating NOW, b) by helpfully flipping their eyelids inside-out, as their "costumes", and c) reminding me that if I didn't have candy, they'd also accept cash. I have a feeling that if I'd say I didn't have cash, they would have also taken a cheque or plastic.

In any case, I sent them on their way, sans money, and am hoping that we don't get egged tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home