Sunday, December 11, 2005

PARTY TIME

Well, we survived our Christmas party. All the cookies, the decorating, the homemade eggnog (whoo-AH!) and of course our amazing friends came together to be enjoyed, and enjoy, an evening of laughter and revelry.

I have to be immodest here and say the house looked great. Our tree was sparkling and the new floor lamps gave off just the right amount of light when combined with the mini-lights strung along our banister (I've always wanted a bannister to decorate!!). We had candles everywhere, a good opportunity to burn more of the dozens of ornate red candles left by the previous occupants, and managed not to burn the place down. But the best feature of our place last night? It was full of so many good friends, people who have transformed my Cambridge experience and helped Ray and I feel that this can be home. Thank-you to all of you!

I am very disappointed that I forgot to take out the camera and get some photos - something I had vowed to do at the beginning of the night. It was one of those evenings where the doorbell started ringing at 7 and we didn't stop moving until after midnight; I recalled the camera as I was brushing my teeth before bed. Guess that means we need to have another party next year!

Today's entry wouldn't be complete without a big hug and thank-you to Ray, who gamely allowed me to think big and worked his butt off to prepare for the party. He didn't complain a wink about having to cycle across town completely loaded with groceries or the last-minute run to the shop for more goodies. Best of all, he did a fantastic job cleaning the house this morning. Thank-you, Super Husband!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home