Sunday, February 19, 2006

STONEHENGE

Spurred on by my recent urge to get a set of wheels and get the heck outta Cambridge, we rented a car this weekend and drove down to Stonehenge. It's only a couple of hours away from us and it would have been a shame not to check it out during our time here.

The stones were as impressive as I had heard - although the actual remaining circle was much smaller than I'd expected. I think I'd heard and read so much about Stonehenge as I was growing up that it had achieved gargantuan proportions in my head. But it was beautiful, and moving, and awe-inspiring. I can't quite get my head around the distance that some of the stones were brought (some all the way from Wales) and all the human planning and effort that went into the site.

The following shots are the prerequisite Stonehenge photos, and no they are not postcards. We just took them from the same vantage points that I suspect all the postcards are taken from.

Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Stonehenge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home