HOT, HOT, HOT!
Temperature records were broken in England today; the hottest July day in nearly a hundred years. I am so happy! After a long dreary winter the heat is finally starting to seep into my marrow.
Because these temperatures are unusual in Britain, people are treating it like a bit of a catastrophe - quite a bit of complaining, stories of roads "melting", schools needing to close, trains stopping running, folks getting stranded in the sun and so on. I know it's warm, but geez - it's not like we're talking Sahara over here. Whip off some clothes (I'm currently prancing about in my bikini, and am quite comfortable, thankyouverymuch), soak your feet in a cool tub, and drink lots of water...you'll be just fine.
Disclaimer: Despite my obnoxious droning on about how great the heat is, I accept that some people/critters are genuinely uncomfortable and I feel a bit badly about that. Top of my list are Ray, who is having trouble sleeping, and Kappa, who is unable to shed his fur coat and is really feeling the effects of the temperatures. Poor kitty spends most of the day moaning and refusing to move except to flop out on his other side. I've tried to convince him that if he'd let me give him a bath he'd be more comfortable, but I fear that course of action would result in me ending up scratched/bitten/soaked, with a dry cat...so he gets to stay hot and dry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home