Thursday, June 30, 2005

MOMMY IN THE HOUSE

Not me, you silly people! Actually, the mommy I am referring to isn't technically even in the house but she is in the back garden, and that's close enough for me.

I don't recall whether I've mentioned out pigeon, "Pidgey", before. She built a nest in our honeysuckle almost two months ago, and faithfully reared two chicks that fledged when Mom and Kim were visiting. I meant to get my camera out there and take her picture, but never seemed to get around to it and when I finally had the camera she and the chicks had gone. I thought I'd missed my opportunity.

But she's back! Smart Pidgey is re-using her nest, which even I as a non-bird have to admit is in a pretty darn good position, and I made sure to get a picture this time around:

Pidgey
(Yes, that grey blob is Pidgey. It's surprisingly difficult to get a clear shot of a pigeon way up in the honeysuckle at sunset).

It's so fun to check on her every day and wait for the chicks to arrive - will keep you updated on her/their progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home