SO SORE
Ray and I played squash last night with Claire, the post doc for whom I toil. Ray had played a couple of times previously, and so was able to give Claire a bit of a workout, but she completely kicked my butt. That said, it was a lot of fun having my butt kicked.
Squash seems like a good mix of badminton, which I love, and tennis, which I am not so fond of. I like hitting a small ball with my racquet, and I like the challenge of both players being on the same "side" of the court. So many opportunities for collisions! I almost took out Claire once, but seeing as it is Never Wise To Take Out Your Coworker/Supervisor, I managed to stop the swing of my racquet in a pretty abrupt manner.
The only downside? I am so sore today that I can barely type. I expected my racquet arm to be sore, but my butt, lower back and legs too???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home