Friday, August 05, 2005

TRYING - BUT NOT SUCCEEDING - TO BE BLOODTHIRSTY

Having worked a night shift on Tuesday, I had Wednesday off to sleep and recover. I took "recover" to mean "shopping" - so I dragged Ray downtown with me and we gamely went to check out the end-of-season (end of summer, how depressing) sales. End result: proof that I am not nearly bloodthirsty enough to get the really great clothes, or at least, not at reasonable prices.

All the stores were offering clothes at 50 -70% off, so I thought "great"! But everyone my size had been there already, and I couldn't find anything smaller than would fit about two of me. The sweater I've been keeping my eye on for a month was only available in large. The cute skirts only in size 14-plus. Rats. I know I shouldn't complain about being teeny, but it really is a pain in the butt when my size tends to sell out first.

With this rate of clothing acquisition by the majority of females in Cambridge, there must be a few good used or consignment stores around. I am going to make it my mission to find them - and I will deal with the issue of how to get all these clothes back to Canada with me...uh...later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home