Wednesday, December 14, 2005

THE JOYS OF KNOWING HOW TO GET AROUND

I'm feeling very pleased with myself this evening. Claire, Robin, Ray and I spent the day wandering around London (the boys sight-saw, us girls shopped) and I WAS ABLE TO NAVIGATE AROUND THE CITY WITH MINIMAL ASSISTANCE (and a Tube map). This is a big deal for me, a gal who prefers forests and being able to travel long distances without coming into contact with other people. I don't like cities and so am very happy that I've not allowed London to intimidate me.

I still tend to head off 180 degrees away from my intended destination upon alighting from a Tube station, but at least I have the sense to suspect that I might be doing this and the humility to repeatedly consult my map until I've got myself sorted out. Who designs these cities without handy oceans and mountains nearby to be used to orientate oneself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home