Thursday, December 15, 2005

TELL ME WHY...

Papercuts always hurt so darn much? And why I always get them on a knuckle, of all places, so that just as the cut starts to close I bend my fingers and open it up again?

Funny, I was just thinking this morning how it had been a long time since I'd had such a cut....must have jinxed myself. Grrrr! At least my cold and congestion is finally starting to make a significant exit; my last concern is my ears which are still plugged (bad timing as we are flying back to Canada next week).

1 Comments:

At 12:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paper cuts are messy cuts. The paper edge is quite jagged, so leads to tearing rather than slicing of the skin. More importantly, paper is made of lots of little fibres, which can break off and lodge thenselves in the wound. As paper is made with lots of foul chemicals, they cause irritation in cut. Compare a similar sized cut from paper and a sharp knife. Knife cuts barely hurt at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home