VROOM VROOM
So. You arrive home from work yesterday only to find the house empty but dishevelled-looking. A quick inventory reassures you that you have not been robbed but makes you wonder where the person (read: husband) whom is undoubtedly the source of the dishevellment can be found. Time passes, an hour and a half to be exact. Maybe you should get dinner started?
Your husband calls and as you pick up the phone you hear "I just bought a car!!" followed by some general whooping and giggling. "I'm in South London, and I'll be home in a couple of hours. Did I mention that I just BOUGHT A CAR??!!"
Luckily for my nerves we had officially started car shopping - even though we only really started looking at vehicles this past weekend (one source of the tireness and brain farts) - and so this development was not entirely unanticipated. We hadn't dared hope, however, to find a wonderful car after such a brief search.
Ray popped back down to London this afternoon and brought her home - we are now the proud owners of a 1999 VW Passat! She's hunter green with a grey interior, has a turbo engine and is parked right outside my living room window. She's gawgeous!
To break her in (to us, in any case), we're off on a road trip to Scotland tomorrow with Tim and Cassandra. I'll be back on Sunday night with tales from the road and hopefully photos of our newest member of the family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home