FOOD THERAPY
I had forgotten just how much fun - and just how messy - making rice krispie squares could be.
But first let me take you back in time a few hours. I had a not-so-great day at work today, one of those days where nothing goes spectacularly wrong but enough little things go awry that taken as a whole the day goes down in the books as poopy. My brain was in slo-mo and I did a couple of minor yet stupid things that have made me resolve to be super efficient and faultless tomorrow. I ended up staying much later than I had planned, and had to take the bus home instead of getting a ride straight to my doorstep. Stuff like that.
Enter Ray, Husband Extraordinaire. This is the guy to whom I only have to send a one-sentence email, one with the subject line "Rrrrriiiiiccccceeeeee Kkkkkkrrrrriiiiisssspppppiiiiiieeeeeesssss Ssssssqqqqqquuuuuaaaaaarrrrreeeeesssss!", and he shows up on our doorstep several hours later with the ingredients to make just such a treat. AND he even got gooey with me, helping to mix the marshmallows and pouring the rice krispies at the critical moment.
From arriving home feeling shattered, and scarfing down a big bag of potato chips (pathetic, I know) to making a healthy meal (satay and salad) and fun snack with Ray, my relationship with food flipped 180 degrees tonight...and luckily in the right direction!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home