Saturday, March 04, 2006

BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIMBERLEY

I didn't blog last night, although we spent the evening at home (rare for a Friday!) and it's all my sister's fault. You see, she was amazingly sweet and sent me a book earlier this week, totally out of the blue. Kim has impeccible taste in both clothing and books and this most recent gift was no exception; I highly recommend "After Helen" by Paul Cavanaugh.

It's been a shamefully long while since I sat for an extended length of time and just read a great ficton book. I tend to be a bit of an internet whore and surf the web for hours on end - the internet has become my surrogate TV. But I decided to take the evening off of the computer - didn't even turn it on - and got comfy on the couch with a cup of tea, a blanket and my book. Four or so hours later, I had finished the rather gripping story and was so relaxed that it was easy to "just say no" to checking my email one last time before toddling off to bed. I think I should do this more often...if only I could get past Blog Guilt a.k.a. the guilt of wilfully "forgetting" to blog one evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home