A WEE BIT OF BONNY SCOTLAND
First let me get a quick rant of the way: it is FRICKIN' COLD despite the official arrival of Springtime. COLD! I know spring weather can be variable but really, this is getting a bit ridiculous. People were swimming (ill-advisedly, but swimming nevertheless) in the Cam this time last year. Time for winter to be over, already!
Ah. I feel much better now.
Onto more exciting ventures - I've had a chance to organize the photos from last weekend and present them below for your viewing pleasure:

Tim and Casey catching some much-needed and much-deserved Zzzzz's on our way out of Cambridgeshire

Yes, we really did encounter a restaurant called the Rumblin' Tum. We didn't have the courage to eat there, but Tim and Casey had great fun posing for this shot and generating concerned looks from passersby. Something tells me this pose wasn't good for business.

On the scenic route to Edinburgh

The remains of an old train bridge actually blended in pretty well in this landscape. The white blobs in the left of the photo (barely visible) are sheep!

Oddly enough, Scotland is full of Scotch pines

A view over rolling winter hills towards the mountains, on our way to Loch Lommond

Loch Lommond...and three adventurous butts!

On the bonny shores of Loch Lommond, looking North

I was there too, even though my butt failed to make an appearance

Eloping at Gretna Green! Only trouble is...we're already married. I'm sure they would have married us again if we had coughed up some money, though.

All lassies know that Tartan is the fashion wave of the future

What would a trip to Scotland be without the Highland Cattle? We saw thousands of sheep and lambs too, but oddly enough failed to get a single photo beyond the white blobs in the fourth photo above.

We took a "mountain" pass between Keswick and Windermere in the Lake District. The already-too-narrow roads bordered by stone walls were now bordered on the inside with plowed snow. Made for some challenging but scenic driving on the part of Tim and Ray, but they were up for it!

1 Comments:
Hi Guys,
Looks like a great time. Funny enough,I was also at Loch Lommond this weekend, passing through on my way to Argyll. As for the "highland" coos, I'll just say that the black and white one is a Belted Galloway and really only found in the South West of Scotland. I'm glad you found a nice car (it looks great) and you guys had a nice weekend in Scotland. Frankly, despite your concerns of cold, this was the warmest weekend I've felt here this year. It's gotten colder since the weekend. I think I've simply gotten used to it. I've even been able to move away from scarves, it's warmed up so much compared to last month.
Have a good day,
Warren :^>
Post a Comment
<< Home