WAITING AGAIN

This is the before picture of our stove; after the previous adventure to get the element replaced our landlord has decided that since the numbers have worn off it would be a good idea to have the frontplate replaced, so I'm at home again waiting for someone to show up between 8&1. Last time around the stove fixit guy was on time and professional (unlike some other fixit guys... and no, I don't think the boiler guy did ever notice the troubleshooting guide :) ) so hopefully I'll be able to put up an 'after' photo soon.

1 Comments:
Hey Amanda Jane!! I know how you feel about waiting for repairmen. A couple of weeks ago I called for someone to come out to look at our upright freezer and tell me why there were stalagtytes growing off the freezer roof? Waiting around for him to arrive somewhere after 1:00 and before 4:00 in the afternoon seems to be the new direct/indirect way of telling the customer that they will not arrive on time but they will turn up-just wait for them-put your invaluable time on hold. Repairmen need to come in to the 21st century!!! The Beave's mom has gone to work like the rest of us and like the majority of us Mrs. Cleaver cannot just wait around for hours. Well, when the repairman turned up he fiddled around with the freezer and did fix the problem so he had time to do a maintenance check on our fridge. I had to drive Garett to work and by the time I came home the fride was sitting in the middle of the kitchen with our small fan laying askew on the floor behind it blowing cool air on the fridge motor. A week later I was very frustrated with the new location of the fridge so I complained to the repair shop, then to customer service at Sears, then to the Sears store manager where we purchased the fridge, until finally the next day the repairman returned first thing in the morning and replaced the broken part with a part the store manager had swiped from a fridge in the store! Life in the fast lane or what!!? I am enjoying the summer at home, keeping as cool as possible in the heat wave the coast has been experiencing. The temperature has hit 40 on the back porch and even the pool has been a bit too warm to cool us down. It is really great to be able to stay home for two months with the kids and even better because I can go on the dole until I return to work when school goes in September 5th. If only I had gotten my sh-- together sooner!!! I hope you and Ray are doing well and enjoying life to the fullest in far away lands. Love to you both, Auntie Marnie
Post a Comment
<< Home