Wednesday, August 30, 2006

ATTACK OF THE SHUTTERBUG

Well, we've been up to a lot lately. Holidays, visiting family and friends, playing with the cat, formal balls, and our usual explorations of England have kept us very busy and me away from the computer. I'm feeling very disorganized but wanted to give you an update, so here ya go, in no particular order or relevance:

Playing with the new camera
We got a new camera back in July, when the weather was still hot and sunny...I was having fun playing with focal length here...

Still playing with the new camera
...and here

Lunch with the Girls
Running amok with Claire and Charmaine

Lunch with Mom, Dad and Ray
Lunch at The Orchard in Grantchester, a little village just outside Cambridge - Ray was there too, manning the camera

On our way to Grantchester
Did I mention we walked all the way to Grantchester and back?

German street signs
Gotta love those German street signs...

German Architecture
...and their houses

SuperCask!
Uh, yeah, that wine cask really is over a storey tall (again, applause to the Germans)

Beer!
Ray and Dad enjoying A LITRE of beer each; Claire and I along for the ride in a German brewery/pub

Schloss
Oh yes, there may have been this little castle towering about Heidelberg

Before the Downing Mini-Ball
Ray and I before the Downing College Mini-Ball; I look terrible here (those teeth! that forehead!) but Ray looks great and it's the only photo I have of us all gussied up

And to prove that I have become one of those crazy people who insists on trotting out photos of her pet, I give you Kappa, co-starring Ray, in a typical sleep sequence in the Grout household on a Saturday morning:

Before the Downing Mini-Ball

Before the Downing Mini-Ball

Before the Downing Mini-Ball

I will post more Germany and other holiday photos soon; just have to get them organized first (ha!)

4 Comments:

At 2:33 am, Blogger Kim said...

I love the cat pictures! Well, all of the pictures. It's so great to see pictures of Mom and Dad out there visiting. It's weird because I haven't seen them in months! Since Easter. How weird is that? In any case, keep the pictures coming, sister!
Kim

 
At 6:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know ya'll have been busy but it's nice to see you back blogging :- ) And it's great to see the photos.
...we haven't seen Al and Nivea's yet either, hint hint A/N!
Joan

 
At 7:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, the photo of us outside the pub makes us look like we are up to no good! mmm... were we drinking that day (ha ha). As for the ball photo...I swear the photo looked fine on the camera! I will say sorry though if you think it looks bad, since I took the pic, I have learnt my lesson, take more than one photo just in case...
CJ

 
At 12:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're ready for a new blog entry!!
Me, Joan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home